The 1997 ‘Long Tail’ GTR was driven by Frenchmen, Jean-Marc Gounon and Pierre-Henri Raphanel and Sweden’s Anders Olofsson. Entered by Gulf Team Davidoff McLaren, this “Longtail” version, so called because it’s front and rear bodywork is extended to improve stability and downforce on Le Mans’ extremely long and fast Mulsanne straight, sports possibly the most famous livery in endurance racing, that of the Gulf Oil company, which has previously featured on other iconic cars such as the Ford GT40 and the Porsche 917K. At Le Mans 1997, the car reached 317 kilometres per hour (196.97 mph) on the famous Mulsanne straight. And while this was still slightly slower than some of the field, it was good enough for a podium finish.
- Uniquely designed and created by Automobilist's team of artists
- Special edition of 1000 pieces only
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to design the poster
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Ships rolled and delivered in a protective tube
- Officially Licensed Product | McLaren | 24H Le Mans
MCLAREN F1 GTR - GULF TEAM DAVIDOFF MCLAREN - 1997 | LIMITED EDITION
For all of our posters we use high quality off-set printing, premium paper, and vibrant color reproduction that stands the test of time – just like the cars themselves. Each one is limited and labeled with a special hologram sticker to denote its authenticity.